Re: gEDA-user: gedagaf runs on RH8

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:59:01 -0600
From: Mark Rages <markrages@xxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone make packages of gDEA and keep them in a yum or apt
repository? It seems silly to make end-users hunt down dependencies on
their own.  If I remember correctly, the install CD only works on x86
systems anyway.  So why not just make some binary packages? The
install CD took all afternoon to compile.  It would be a lot easier to
just type 'yum install gEDA' and let the computer sort out the deps
and install things in the appropriate places.

I am not necessarily volunteering for this, but if nobody wants to do
it, I could be persuaded.

BTW. Igor, it is pretty painless to upgrade versions of Redhat with
yum or apt. ( You shouldn't need to upgrade on account of gEDA, I'm
just mentioning it because it *is* a lot easier for volunteer
sysadmins like you and me. )

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail