Re: gEDA-user: gedagaf runs on RH8

Hi 00

I'm very happy to hear that gEDA is making its way into commercial
enterprises.

BTW: The whole point behind the CD with the install wizard is to make
it easy to do commercial installs of gEDA.  The install wizard takes
care of the whole "configure && make && make install" dance for all of
the programs in the gEDA Suite.  The install wizard is a "frozen"
Python program; freezing Python programs is a very
platform-independent way to distribute executables.  Unfortunately, I
built it on a system which requires a more modern version of glibc.so
than is present on RH8.

Another possibility -- which works for gEDA/gaf -- is to install using
the setup utility which comes bundled with the pacakge.  I believe you
can do "make xinstall", and it will do everything for you.

Stuart