Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

On Jan 12, 2005, at 6:35 PM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
It seems to me that QT is a good choice for this because for the most
part, it write once and compile anywhere.

Qt is a C++ library supplying a C++ API. PCB as well as gschem and co are written in C.

I have more problems compiling C++ apps than C apps. They just fail more
often.

This has been my experience as well. C++ is a horrid abortion, in my opinion. C++ code that's truly portable isn't very common.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I've watched Harley people throw up
Cape Coral, FL                      on the ceiling."    -Krissi