Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

> I have seen this, too. But when it looks like Motif, does it feel
> like Motif, too? Last time, I tried such an app, the answer was
> no. :-(

As a Motif developer at the time, no, it didn't.  We used it anyway.

But that's why *I* prefer the option that the GUI is abstracted away
from the application in an application-specific way, and various
interface layers can be added to swap out GUIs.  The menu system in
pcb, for example, is data driven now, so you should be able to drop in
ANY menu system, as long as it can call the relevent callbacks (which
still use XEvents, but abstracting that out should be trivial if/when
needed).