Re: gEDA-user: gnucap install fails in FC3

On Thursday 13 January 2005 10:41 pm, Jason Tang wrote:
> I've used gEDA for a couple of years now and am pleased to
> see it continue to progress.  However, I've always had
> problems installing one package or another.  This time
> around, it's the gnucap that is misbehaving.  I'm installing
> from the gEDA-Suite iso and have included the console output.
>  Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  Is this a known
> problem / has anyone succeeded in install gnucap from these
> sources?

It is a known problem, that has been fixed in the development
release.  You can either get the development release or an
older compiler.

The problem is that gcc 3.4 implements the standard stricter,
and I got caught.

The new compiler doesn't allow unnamed types, and it requires
the existence of copy constructors even if they are not used.