Re: gEDA-user: Another couple of PCBs made with gEDA/PCB

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 12:25:33PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2005, at 11:11 AM, Daniel Nilsson wrote:
> >I made two separate layouts in PCB and then combined both to one panel
> >and had Advanced Circuits fab the PCB. It was easy enough to cut
> >the panel myself into the two circuit boards. The functions of the
> >daq_conn board is to act as a connection box for a data acquisition
> >board to allow connecting several DSUB connectors into one DAQ
> >board. This is basically just a bunch of connectors. The second design
> >is for discharging rechargeable batteries with a variable load while
> >measuring the discharge current. There are also some watchdog
> >functionality on that board later board.
>
>   The battery-discharge board sounds interesting and useful.  Are you
> planning on making the design available?

Well, I don't have a problem making the design available but I haven't
tested it yet so it's too soon now. Though I must say that I'll find
it strange if someone else was interested in building this... These
boards are part of a larger project for creating a computer controlled
charge and discharge battery charger. The charger portion is working,
I have built a GUI based program  where you can see the charge voltage
as a function of time and set the charge parameters for two individual
charge circuits. This program controls a power supply over either GPIB
or a serial port to control the charge current. The next step is to
have the program also do the discharge and capacity measurements,
which is what this boards that I built is for. It does however require
a DAQ board for the PC as well. The thing is that none of this makes
any sense really, you can buy battery chargers that does all of this
for less money then the DAQ board itself probably... I'm doing this
because I can, not because it makes sense :-)

--
Daniel Nilsson