Re: gEDA-user: adding footprints?!

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 04:28:48PM -0600, handsome greg wrote:
> i've been struggling to add my footprints (for mouser parts: 31VQ501,
> 108-1MS1T1B1M1QE, and 502-RN-112APC) to my pcb and im having a ton of
> trouble.  i THOUGHT i successfully added an m4 definition to
> /usr/share/pcb/m4 and ran the CreateLibrary{,Contents}.sh scripts to
> maybe update the library (?) and nothing.  running gsch2pcb complains
> that it can't find my package name.  i copied it from another one and
> it still doesnt work.  i tried the graphical method (newlib i think
> its called) to no avail because i never got the "save buffer elements
> to file" menu item to actually DO anything (that i was aware of.)  am
> i missing something?  how do you guys do it?  i am in fact having
> problems with pcb ANYWAY, probably because of the motif dependencies
> and misconfiguration... ALMOST enough reason to port it to gtk2.
> which, if i can finish this one freaking pcb by tomorrow night, i will
> have enough free time to do. =)

When you try the newlib method, do you get any warnings or errors in
the log window ? I normally use the newlib method, but it took a while
to get used to how it worked... I assume you are following the
tutorial: http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html which I
believe is mirrored on the gEDA homepage as well.

--
Daniel Nilsson