Re: gEDA-user: Configure question for libgeda

At Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:29:32 -0500,
Charles Lepple wrote:
> I don't know much about Guile, but if you're building on Debian,
> shouldn't the last argument be --target=mingw32? (Maybe I'm confusing
> this with the GCC build process, but I think the host platform is
> essentially where you are running the compiler.)

The reason for --host was running --target got this...

oren@misao:~/geda/libgeda-20041228$ CC=/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
./configure --prefix=/home/oren/geda --target=mingw32
Configuring libgeda version 20041228
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuaout
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuaout
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.