Re: gEDA-user: Configure question for libgeda

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:13:53 -0800, Oren Laskin <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running debian unstable and can run configure in the libgeda
> directory and it works.
>
> I now try this little bit of evil
> CC=/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc ./configure --prefix=/home/oren/geda
> --host=mingw32

I don't know much about Guile, but if you're building on Debian,
shouldn't the last argument be --target=mingw32? (Maybe I'm confusing
this with the GCC build process, but I think the host platform is
essentially where you are running the compiler.)

Also, do you have a copy of Guile built using mingw32 in
/home/oren/geda? I suspect that if configure found
/usr/bin/guile-config, it may send back results which are
Linux-specific (and not applicable to mingw32).

You may not have to build all the dependencies by hand-- I seem to
remember that one of the old "roll-your-own Win32 gEDA" documents
(from Ales, maybe?) cited a mingw32 repository of common packages like
Guile, libpng, etc.

--
- Charles Lepple