Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Can not enter '/' in File Selections?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:51:33 +0100, Mario Klebsch <mario@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> '/' is (at least on UNIX systems) an illegal character for a filename.
> It is sthe systems path separator.

the GTK+ file selection box used to Do The Right Thing if you started
typing a full path: it would descend into directories when you hit
slash, and also allowed tab completion. I think it also handled
spaces, too.

(On the other hand, gschem used to use a custom file selection dialog
box that didn't inherit this capability. I'd check to see if it's
fixed, but my gEDA environment is currently broken.)

I realize this would be moderately difficult to graft onto PCB,
though, given the dissimilarity between Xaw and GTK+.

--
- Charles Lepple