gEDA-user: ready-made style classes

Hello

I suggest for PCB that an entry "premade class", "ready made class" or
something similar was added into the "Sizes menu"

It would offer radio button "1"..."6" for construction classes 1 to 6.  It took
me quite a time to "tune" my setting. They are currently

After pressing the button one would press "OK" or Cancel and after OK it would
ask him "do you really wish to overwrite all your current thickness settings
with this new construction class"?

	linewidth	via hole	via size	clearance
Signal	20		24		56		14
Power	40		35		70		14
Fat	80		50		90		14
Skinny	12		24		56		14

I have always been working in class 4 so unfortunately I can't offer
these tuned settings for other classes.

These settings looks like they don't present problems. It accounts even for the
more picky fab houses I encountered (some permit 0.3/0.3, some 0.35/0.3
space/copper). I have already designed 4 PCB's (Twister, I2C2P, Trinitrack, TX,
Trinitrack and TX aren't released yet but are already in manufacture) with
these settings.

I think these "border conditions" are one of the things that make commercial
packages attractive. Not always it's the code, often it's also the data that
attract the customer.

Clicking up particular class and then making subtle adjustments would be
definitely more pleasing than thinking it all completely up.

It should include the DRC constants too. For "my class 4" they are:
Pcb.Bloat:      1378
Pcb.minWid:     1182
Pcb.Shrink:     400
Pcb.minSlk:     800