gEDA-user: OFF TOPIC: please, donate two 72-pin EDO SIMM 64MB memory sticks

Hi,

Two or three weeks ago I had a small chat with one of our company
janitors. His name is Angel. During the conversation, he told me that
he is doing three jobs per day ( 2 x waiter and at the evening he is a
janitor ). He told me that his wife has 2 jobs, I do not remember
what kind of jobs anymore. All I know, both (Angel and his wife)  are
not paid very well.
They have 3 kids (7, 9 and 13 years old). Ervin, the oldest, needs to
prepare some of the school assignments on computer using WORD .doc
format.
Unfortunately, Ervin's parents do not have enough money to buy, even a
second hand, computer. For them is unthinkable to buy official copy of
the MS WORD.
Few days ago Angel told me that he got an OLD PC for free from his
friend. This PC was an 6-7 years old Packard Bell Multimedia D1000
computer which runs on 133MHz Pentium. It has 32MB RAM and 1.2GB disk.
He said that the PC does not start and he asked me if I can fix it.
So, I've taken it home.
Yes, he was right. PC did not boot because of some kind of file
corruption. Supposedly it should boot as WIN98. I could not fix it,
because my household is MS WINDOWS free. Thus, I could not copy/repair
corrupted file. So, I've proposed to Angel to install Linux on his
box.
First thing I've done on his PC is to replace his 1.2 GB hard disk
with an old 10GB disk I've found in my garage. To my regret, I could
not find more RAM.
Installation of the RH9 was painfully slow having only 32MB RAM. I've spent
almost 9-10 hours. Then I've replaced GNOME/KDE with XFCE4.2. XFCE is
very light desktop. It does run on 32MB RAM.
Unfortunately, the main goal was not achieved. I could not start
OpenOffice. 32MB RAM is not enough.

So, why did I write this e-mail ?

I am asking if somebody on this list  could donate two 64MB  memory
sticks. This is
72-pin EDO SIMM type of memory.

I would like to make Ervin happy and successful in the school.

Igor
Sunnyvale, California