Re: gEDA-user: How to change the background colour in PCB

> > PCB still does.
>
> In theory, it does.

Yeah, it turns out it's a bug.  We have a "bgColor" variable that's
never initialized.  The background color is, apparently, random.

But PCB still uses .Xdefaults for all its options.

> You could always choose "Options..." from the tools menu.

Ok, for a better example, how do you set emacs keybindings mode?
(Yes, I know how to do this, but the point is, in the old days every
application used the same file - .Xdefaults - and everything was set
there, and everything was documented.  Sigh)