Re: gEDA-user: PCB pin hole size

Levente KOVACS wrote:

You are right. Forget the old m4 components. Use the newlib components! If you'd like to, I can send my own library. I put a bip effort to create it, but it is not ready, and may have some bugs.

Levente:

Thank you for your offer, but I have my own library too. Since so many footprints in m4 library too small hols, I started to wonder if I was right in modifying it to have larger holes.

I prefer to go the m4 way because it is easier to create footprints for a whole family of components. Also, it is possible to use it to compute dimensions from component drawings instead of doing all computations by hand, as needed to create newlib footprints.

Anyway, I see that many people have their own libraries. Perhaps it is time to have a footprint contribution page for PCB similar to the one that exists for gEDA/gaf.

--
[ ]'s
Walter Fetter Lages       <mailto:w.fetter@xxxxxxxx>