Re: gEDA-user: More footprint stuff

> I can't seem to find a 1008 footprint in the pcb library.  Anyone got one?

I wrote a Perl script which generates passive footprints like this a
couple of days ago.  It takes the geometric parameters given on the
datasheet as input.  Example usage:

perl smtgen.pl -v l=85 w=55 g=32 x=38 y=59 description=SMD_Res_0805

You can see how the parameters are defined by saying:

perl smtgen.pl --help

As I previously threatened, I have now put the script on the web.  You
can download it from here:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

Besides the command-line arguments, the code is pretty well
documented, so you can change the internal paramters (e.g. Silk
Clearance) if you prefer different values than the highly conservative
ones I used.

Stuart