Re: gEDA-user: cdrom install question

> I'll play around and report back ...
>
> I believe the first line of installer is the culprit:
> #! /usr/bin/env sh
>
> If I could re-write the first line for my machine,
> I'm sure this would work:
>
> #!/bin/env sh
>
> It then detects bash and goes from there...
> I'm not sure how $1 and $2 are determined in
> Installer.exe, though.  ?? Maybe nothing in my case.

$1 and $2 are the two optional arguments you used when invoking the
installer.  That is, you can say "installer --log --verbose", and you
will get a verbose output with a logfile placed in your local
directory.  In this case, $1 = --log and $2 = --verbose.

You can circumvent the install bash script and just run install.exe
this way:

/mnt/cdrom/install.exe --log --verbose

Stuart