Re: gEDA-user: Manual routing only

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:32:26PM -0200, Xtian Xultz wrote:
> Em Sáb 29 Jan 2005 06:05, Karel Kulhavy escreveu:
> > The Opencollector entry of PCB says:
> > "Manual routing only."
> > (http://opencollector.org/collector.php)
> >
> > This is IMHO wrong. PCB has autorouting too.
> >
> > Cl<
>
> I never used auto routing in any EDA software, I tryed Orcad, Protel, PCAD,
> and some time ago PCB too, and I didnt like the results. I allways manually
> route my boards. Somebody knows somebody that uses auto routing from any
> software to make professional boards?

Of course there are, autorouters such as Cadence Specctra are widely
used to produce a large number of boards every year. This is how PC
manufacturers can cut development time on their motherboards for
example. Constraints driven auto-routing is not easy to setup though,
but the payoffs are huge when it comes to time-to-market.

--
Daniel Nilsson