Re: gEDA-user: Manual routing only

> > the top but people don't always read that...  Even the pcb.sf.net page
> > might turn off a lot of people because it does not mention that PCB works
> > on Windows, via Cygwin.
>
> actually thats not true:
>
> http://pcb.sourceforge.net/faq.html#windows

I standby my statement that http://pcb.sourceforge.net/ , the one linked
from the PCB home page, never mentions Windows.  I know it is mentioned in the
FAQ.  Windows people are not the type that read FAQ's when looking for
something.   They are going to come to http://pcb.sourceforge.net/ , and
say "what the #$)*_#$ is X11?" and move on.

I'm sure there are few on this list that actually like Windows, but for the
moment it a reality of doing business.

> I will concede that it does give some disclaimers about how well it may or
> may not work on cygwin though.

I had no problems with PCB on Cygwin that I did not have on Linux.