Re: gEDA-user: gschem crash on zoom in or zoom out commands

My linux system is Suse 7.3 based, some/lots of smaller? things added in the years.

Then i decided to make my new project with linux/geda and got the Suite CDROM image 20041228. Installation failed because the installer needs some newer librarys (libc.so.6 GLIBC2.3 and libpthread.so.0 GLIBC2.3.2 which were not present)
Then i googled for new libc and recognised that a glibc update is complicated and can cause many trouble -> dont want that.
Next i looked for a windows binary (hoping installation is troubleless, althougt i really dont want to develop unter windows). What i found was over a year old-> not the right way.

The i tried on another machine (not mine, just for test) with Suse 9.1 but still installation problems.

Then i decided to install by hand on my (older) machine.
I started with gtk (2.6.1), then downloaded glib 2.6.1 and pango 1.8.0 and atk 1.9.0 and complied&installed step by step. Then other things were missing: fontconfig, expat, freetype. Compilation of gtk finally worked.

Then i tried compile geda. It failed on gschem, type conflict with header files as i posted some days ago.
To solve the problems i decided to switch to older glib/gtk versions.
I uninstalled gtk+2.6.1 and glib.

Got glib 2.4.8 and installed it. Then older pango 1.4.1. Then older atk 1.8.0 Then older gtk 2.2.0
Then compilation of geda-gaf got some steps further but then stopped at geda-setup with error gtk-config not found.
It was really not on my filesystem. I googled again and recognised it belongs to gtk+1.2. So installed gtk+1.2.10 and glib 1.2.10 in parallel.
Now geda-gaf compiles.

Next problem was on gerbv: GDK_PIX_BUF >= 0.25 was missing.
After reading a bit i recognised that i have to add --enable-gtk2 to configure -> now OK

Next gtkwave reported LIBXML / xml2-config not found. I installed libxml(2) 2.6.17 then it worked.

Today i started my schematic and got the error below.

When running the program inside gdb it says:

(gschem:12239): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:764 drawable is not a pixmap or window

0x4056eb56 in XWarpPointer () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
(gdb)

thanks

Michael

Stuart Brorson wrote:
Off the top of my head I have no ideas why you have this problem.
However, you say you had problems installing gEDA.  Can you please
elaborate on your problems?  Maybe there is something strange in the
way your system is configured.

Please also tell us your Linux distribution.

Stuart

after some days of geda installation trouble i now have all installed.
Then i tried gschem to start my project and placed a first component out of the libraries(LM135)
When starting the zoom in (or zoom out) command gschem crashes:

(gschem:7618): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:764 drawable is not a pixmap or window
Speicherzugriffsfehler (german,=memory access error)

configure found:
** Configuration summary for geda-gschem 20041228:

   GTK+ library version:             2.2.0
   GUILE library version:            1.6.4
   libgeda library version:          20041228
   libstroke library:                no
   libdgeda library:                 no
   mingw build:                      no
   data directory:                   /usr/local/geda/share/gEDA
   rc directory:                     /usr/local/geda/share/gEDA
   documentation directory:          /usr/local/geda/share/doc/geda-doc

glib=2.2.0

how can i solve the problem, any idea ?

thanks Michael