Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb and gschem pollute /tmp

Karel Kulhavy wrote:

They don't erase temp files after them. I got 100MB of junk from this.
Basically every time you run them, they make another copy of the
schematic or whatever into the /tmp

I suggest to change them to automatically delete the temp file upon
exit.

Not the best idea really. That's something a cron job should be doing for you, "taking out the trash". I've got a cron job that erases any file in /tmp older than 30 days. Once in a while having these temp files can be a life saver; the temporary use of 100 MB is inconsequential in light of this. If your hard discs are too small to handle that and you can't upgrade, make the cron job more agressive, perhaps wiping it all after just 24 hours.

h.