Re: gEDA-user: pcb layer groups

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:17:19 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It's a bad idea to hide them individually

Well, I would like to have this feature, since it would be nice to see just
GND traces, and not only polygons, but also thermal connections, and traces
between two pin, etc.. It's good, when you design the GND and power traces.
At least, I'm allways finding manually, like "ok, so this is +5V, and it goes
here, yes, this is GND, and ... ooops... this other trace cuts the GND...
alert..." etc. It's not only simle connectivity, since you all know GND
current must not flow just anywhere. (simple case: power supply with
rectifier and regulator IC.) IMHO, this process can not be automted, and to
help this, selecting displaying different layers - wold be a great help!

Other thing is, still, dead polygons vs. connectivity check. I had a few
project which had a missconnected polygons. So I started designing my boards
without polygons, and the final touch is to add a polygon. (talking about 1
layer boards all the time) But to design without polygon, I'd need to
toggle... individually.... :-)

I might miss something, so please correct me if this method is not effecient.

Levente

__

E-Mail: lekovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: ha5ogl
ICQ: 48710903
MSN: ha5ogl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo!: kieg_tk16
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/cuccok/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.