Re: gEDA-user: pcb layer groups

> It's a bad idea to hide them individually since they are on the same
> layer of copper, thus the program prohibits it.

I think in the case where you're using a separate layer in a group
just for a single board-sized polygon power plane (i.e. a GND plane in
one color, traces on that plane in a different color), it would be
very useful to be able to shut off the polygon and see only the
traces.

Perhaps the GUI could offer a "thindraw polygons" option for this?  We
had a "stipple polygons" option once that was removed as it was too
expensive.

And I still think it would be acceptable to let you shut off part of a
group *if* the current layer isn't in that group.  It would mostly
stop you from changing that layer without seeing the whole layer.
Plus I'm not a big fan of "the program is smarter than the user".  If
he wants to shut off part of a group, there should be a way to do so.
Doesn't have to be *easy* but it should be *possible*.