Re: gEDA-user: symbol creation / spice netlisting

> > I wanted to follow the guidelines given in the "symbol creation guide"
> > so in stead of providing power pins I added the appropriate
> > net-attributes. The device has two pins used for balancing the offset.
> >
> > I experienced two problems while using the symbol:
> >
> > 1. The spice-netlister "gnetlist -g spice-sdb" does not list the
> > power-pins which are essential for the .SUBCKT-file to work. I
> > downloaded it from the Maxim-Homepage.
> >
> > 2. The spice-netlister lists the offset-balancing pins that are not
> > supported by the model-file that I downloaded.

> > But none of the solutions really satisfies me. What is the "official"
> > solution to the two problems? How can I get one(!) gschem-symbol for the
> > device that works with the spice-netlister as well as with the pcb-tool
> > (eventually using the offset-pins)?
>
> There is no "official" way to do anything with gEDA.  You do what
> works best for you.

Thank you for your tips. I think I will do what works best for me, but:

What symbol should I contribute then? The symbol creation guide says "no
power pins", but when I leave them out, gsymcheck produces a warning
(less pins then footprint size). The contribution site
http://www.geda.seul.org/tools/symbols/contrib.html says, gsymcheck
should produce no warning when contributing a symbol.

Lars Friedrich
student -- Germany