Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

Unforch, the one pair of jumpers I missed on the schematic had left the vibrator (remember those?) and plate transformer still wired for 6 volts. The radio worked great on 12 volts, until one of the filter cans made a dent about 1/2" deep in the plaster ceiling. The kids, trying to get some sleep upstairs, thought I was shooting at them.

Messy, took a couple of hours to clean that up. Stinky too. Probably had over 600 volts on 450 volt rated caps.

funny. In my case it was my parents who thought I was up to no good when I made a very loud bang at 2AM back in high school days. And yes, those caps do stink. Probably nasty stuff for human consumption too.

-Dan