Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

On Jan 7, 2006, at 12:01 AM, Bert Douglas wrote:
I remember once I was repairing a line printer. This was not like the
typical desktop printer of today. It was big, and heavy, and noisy. It
stood on the floor and was about as tall as a person. I was investigating
why one of the hammers was not firing. My memory is unclear about what
happened right before the explosion. People said it sounded like a shotgun
from down the hall. The whole room was filled with horrid tasting smoke.
And one of the large electrolytic capacitors about the size of a can of coke
had pretty much disappeared. Well not exactly. It took me an hour to
vacuum the mess out of the inside of the printer.

It's amusing when big paper electrolytics blow. I've seen one blow a long streamer straight up in the air like a "party popper". And yes that stuff sure does stink!

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "You'll have to be a lot more specific than 'that
Cape Coral, FL girl last night.'" -Ted McFadden