Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 02:42:50AM +0000, Marc wrote:
> I just bought "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill
>

> Also Would this book by David Lines teach me how to build Neon Sign
> Generators?
>
> "Power Supplies Projects for the Hobbyist and Technician" by David Lines
> ISBN
> 0-7906-1120-1 Master Publishing, Inc
>
> I have a Tesla Coil/Tesla Amplifier which i am building already got a large
> Variac and 2 x 70KV 0.01mfd rapid discharge capacitors apparently from a
> Laser.

High voltage is no fun:
http://www.strangepersons.com/content/item/15351.html
Note how the daylight became pale in comparison with the new source
of bright white light.
And this is what your hand will look like when you touch a charged cap:
http://www.expertwitness-electric.com/images/images/IFEP_images/Landscape_Jpgs/JPGs_with_Borders/ElecFlash_Burns_(SSPathology)_017.jpg
or like this: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/images/4453/4453-4474-6142-9474.jpg

I actually wonder what effect this posting can have on the probability
that you injure yourself playing with high voltage...

CL<