Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

Well, I am a college student (1st year grad) and have followed this
discussion with much interest.  The dilemmas described sound like my
undergrad experience exactly.  I was introduced to PSpice as a sophomore
but solely through the schematic capture.  Imagine my struggle when my
teacher included netlists in his Electronic Circuits book the following
year (I will reserve further opinions of this book).  This was not the
PSpice I knew so I ignored them, which may have been detrimental the
following year in my mixed-signal VLSI class.  The thought of that class
still sickens me.

Now I am trying to conquer my former demons and face my fears, which
means that I will be taking a class in communications circuits this
semester.  I have previously posted on here that we will be using
WinSpice and have received some alternative methods from several of you
on here (thanks!)

Coming into this class, I feel like I am a complete newbie when it comes
to learning any sort of SPICE program.  I am planning on using ngspice
as much as possible with WinSpice (and hence, teacher support) as a
final safety net.  But I agree that to be introduced to the "finer
points" earlier would have been very beneficial and could have possibly
prevented me from turning away from circuit design.

(Sorry - my two cents turned into more of a quarter)