Re: gEDA-user: gschem and pcb stopped loading.

I had the same experience but I've got it working now. Here's what I did:

1. Rebuilt and reinstalled gEDA. ("fink rebuild", "fink reinstall")

2. Stuart identified the infinite loop as a Pango problem, so I rebuilt and reinstalled everything starting with the name Pango, and for good measure installed a few Pango packages that weren't installed before.

3. Did a "fink update". Not much there, I was close to up to date, but it did pick up a new Guile.

4. Added "<dir>/System/Library/Fonts</dir>" to my .fonts.conf file.

Nothing seemed to work, but then I quit and restarted X and then gschem worked! I suspect that it is really step (2) that fixed it (thanks Stuart), but I'm not sure. I don't have the week it would take me to study this tangle to figure it out.