Re: gEDA-user: gschem and pcb now working!! but...?

On Jan 23, 2006, at 12:10 AM, David Froseth wrote:

John,
I did all of the rebuild and reinstall steps you suggested, plus installing all of the pango programs I could see.
I went ahead and created a .font.conf file in my home folder and wrote "<dir>/System/Library/Fonts/<dir>" in it, without the "" marks, pressed return, and then saved it.
I then restarted my computer. When I tried to boot pcb, I got the message:

The closing tag should be </dir>

Apparently you don't need .fonts.conf, so I suggest just getting rid of it. You *shouldn't* need it unless you have private fonts, but I have had trouble with fink's fontconfig installation myself, and at least needed it in the past. Again the tangled web.

Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 3: no element found

After about a minute it loaded. I tried gschem and again got the message:

Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 3: no element found

Gschem loaded right away and now pcb loads right away.
Thanks to your help (and Stuart's), I got both programs running again, but I am obviously leaving something out of the .font.conf file or it is in the wrong place. Any suggestions? Sorry, if I am speaking "newbees."

Dave

John Doty Noqsi Aerospace, Ltd. jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx