Re: gEDA-user: uClinux

On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:44 PM, Hal2000 wrote:
I'm working on a design, and am stuck on processor choice. In one case, I can use an ARM with MMU and it'll run Linux - no sweat. The other processor, Blackfin, runs uClinux. The blackfin runs significantly faster (starts at 350MHz goes to 750 I think), and has a migration path. The ARM part max's out at 200MHz, but has some useful peripherals.

Is it *faster*, or does it just have a higher clock frequency? (sorry, pet peeve of mine...but it is a valid question)

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL