Re: gEDA-user: Silkscreen over pads

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 10:11:20AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> It was fixed in 2004, you should have it.
>
> Could you send me a sample .pcb that shows the problem?

Nevermind -- I just checked the gerbers I sent to the fab in gerbv,
and the overlapping silk has clearly been deleted.  And yet, there it
is right there in green and white on the boards that came back.  How
could this happen?  Is it that pcb writes the complete silk layer to
the gerber along with commands to delete the overlapping portion?
(I'm pretty ignorant about the gerber format, so forgive me if this is
a silly question...)

If this is so, then it would seem that pcbexpress.com ignores these
"delete" commands.  Am I justified in telling them to re-do the boards
at their expense?  They might complain, since I didn't use the "free"
gerber viewer they recommend to check my files, ViewMate from
www.pentalogix.com.  Of course, that gerber viewer runs only on
Windows on is only free as in free beer.

--
Randall