Re: gEDA-user: Tin pest

On Jan 31, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
What are actual health hazards of soldering with Sn-Pb solder?  Do you
know about suitable homemade measure to prevent Pb contamination of the
solderer's organism? Is there Pb in the soldering fumes?

According to a chemist friend, there is Pb in the solder fumes...but frankly, I'm 36 and have been soldering regularly since I was 7...if there was THAT much Pb in there I'd probably be dead by now.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL