RE: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb : coming up empty

>    If I change
> > the footprint to something in John's library (anything, it doesn't
> > matter), the component is processed properly and the footprint is found.
> >
> > So, what causes gsch2pcb to crap out like this?
> Have you got a file in the local dir called gafrc
> with contents like:
> lib-newlib = /home/john/EEProjects/now/circuitboards/footprints_pcb?
>
> If not, and you're using the latest code, you need it.
>
> John G

Now you are confusing me... Shouldn't it be :

(elements-dir "/home/john/EEProjects/now/circuitboards/footprints_pcb")

???

I am also having similar problems with gsch2pcb. If I run $pcb from my
project directory where gafrc lives, then in the "PCB Library" window I see
the grouping for the new new-lib footprints I made.

However, if I run "$gsch2pcb project" where the contents of the file project
are:

schematics one.sch two.sch three.sch four.sch
output-name my_project

Then I also receive the same sort of errors (like) :

  D101: can't find PCB element for footprint smb_403A_03 (value=unknown)
  So device D101 will not be in the layout.

smb_403A_03 file does exist in the footprint directory... and PCB is finding
that footprint directory because when I call PCB by itself it is there...
But something is being lost in the translation process.