Re: gEDA-user: circuit simulation - backend library?

On Thursday 11 January 2007 23:03 IST, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> What kind of circuit simulation?  Analog?  Digital?  Microwave?

Analog and digital mixed. I seek this information for friend who wishes to
start a project and we discussed this part.

Actually, understanding that the simulator will need to know the way IC's
operate (and which cant be all expected?) was where this second requirement
came up.

> 2) Ability to change the circuit while simulating or the ability to start
> a new simulation by providing an initial instantaneous state of the
> various points in a circuit.

The IO pins can be setup with a combination of resistors, capacitors, diodes
etc connected to VCC and/or GND. This way any new IC can be supported
without explicit support for it from the backend. I don't know how *fast*
this scheme would operate but with this, analog only simulation would be
sufficient(?).
--
Cheers!
kitts