gEDA-user: Re: Some pcb pecularities

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:12:50 +0100, Tomaz Solc wrote:

> If I set clearance to 10 mil, the gap between the line and the polygon
> is exactly 10 mil (I've just tried that with both PCB versions).

Sorry, I confused manual routing and auto routing. Manual routed lines do
indeed receive a gap that matches the setting of "clearance" of their route
style. It is the autorouted lines that will be bordered by a gap half the
size of the clearance of the current route style.

Yet another pecularity with the autorouted tracks: They are connect to
polygons by default and does not seem to care about the setting of "new
lines clear polygons".

> I'm also using PCB with metacity and the focus for subwindows works fine
> for me (I'm using focus-follows-mouse mode. When the mouse is in a
> window its titlebar is highlighted). Dragging them around also works.

Just updated to metacity v 2.14.5-2 as packaged by debian/etch. Dragging
works now. Still, the titlebar is not highlighted when the mouse moves in
(I made sure to set focus_mode to "mouse"). If I set focus_mode to "click",
the pcb sub windows don't highlight on mouse left-mouse-button-click. This
works with like gschem. So it does not seem to be an issue with metacity.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog