gEDA-user: Label Selection.

I'm having trouble in pcb.  I am finding it difficult to select labels for my components (R101, C101, U203 etc.)  It seems as though it "snaps" to something and I can't select the label.  I have turned off all the auto selection options and made my grid 0.1mil, and yet am unable to select the label on the first try, or fifth or tenth for that matter.

Is there a way to limit selections to only labels?  THis would be nice when you get to the stage of cleaning up the silkscreen for production.

-Lares