Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist l and m options

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 23:51 -0500, Paul Tan wrote:
> Hi Peter C,
>
> I have not looked into your changes yet,
> so I don't know the details.
>
> There may be one other thing you
> could try:
>
> (define packages '())
> (define (fill_packages) ......
>  (set! packages ....)
> )
>
> Use the procedure to fill the packages.
> Call that procedure (fill_packages) as late as u want.

That sounds like a possible workaround, however it does require either:

a) an arbitrary scheme file to be run after the traversal, where we can
   put a call to (fill_packages ), which is what I have in
   gnetlist-post.scm (I might as well just move the existing code).

b) Hard-coding the call to (fill_packages ), and several others in
   gnetlist, to be called before the netlister (unspeakably bad)

c) Updating every backend to call (fill_packages ) - in which case, I'd
   probably drop "packages" being defined in gnetlist.scm in the first
   place, and make the backends call the appropriate gnetlist function,
   (gnetlist:get-packages "placeholder") directly.

> Hope that would help.

Any help with scheme syntax and ideology is always keenly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,