Re: gEDA-user: KJWaves - new release

Hi Kurt,

Good piece of work. Thanks.

I have several comments/fearure requests. They may not be useful in
general case as the are mostly related to my use patterns.

1. I don't use gui tool for configuring simulation runs. Is there a
way to start KJWaves directly in the raw file (or gnucap file) viewer
mode?
1a. (just an explanation) For productivity reasons, I usually enter
simulation testbenches in a text editor and in this file I include all
the necessary model libraries, generated or extracted netlists etc. In
case of OS tools I end up entering everything by hand as there are no
good schematic editors available (pun intended).
2. vertical stacking of waveform panels
3. keyboard shortcuts in waveform viewer
4. Two cursor and numerical readouts (X, Y, delta, frequency and gradient).
5. saving&restoring the waveform view configuration.
6. better calculator and its interface (entering formulas by hand
would do fine and treating them as regular waveforms)
7. there is a number of operations that result in exceptions being
thrown (I will try to collect some representative logs and send them
to you later)
8. please, remove that big knob from the waveform viewer (what is it for, btw?)

The speed (interface only, I haven't tested kjwaves with big waveform
files yet) is very good. Installation was flawless - this is a big
advantage over gwave. Calculator, although rough around edges, has
already proven to be useful.

If you could at least resolve points 3&5 that would make kjwaves
useful for my everyday work.

Cheers,

-r.