Re: gEDA-user: Multiple user libraries, parametrized components

a r wrote:
>> [jg] Library search path is a good concept for dealing with this.
>> Proven in chip design setting to be low enough hassle, flexible.
>
> Can you tell me how to set this path? That's what I'm looking for.

[jg]It's just a concept so far -- not implemented.
Might be possible to mimic it with a startup script used for a project,
different for each project, that creates links to first found on  a search path
in a project library that is just links to .sym files editable elsewhere.

Not done yet.

>>> Also, is it possible to refer to an actual cell name / library name
>>> etc. from the symbol?
>> [jg]Sounds too complex, labor intensive.
>
> How component name conflicts are resolved then?

First one found wins.  If it was done yet.

John G

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX