Re: gEDA-user: Spice netlister

On Jan 20, 2008 12:19 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Find this code, which is around line 1878, and comment out the line
> outputting the ".end". I presume the ".ends" code is still useful.:

Thanks.

> ;;
> ;;  Now write out .END(S) of netlist, depending upon whether this schematic is a
> ;;  "normal schematic" or a .SUBCKT.
> ;;
>       (if (not (string=? schematic-type "normal schematic"))
>           (begin
>             (spice-sdb:write-bottom-footer (string-append ".ends " model-name) port)
>             (display "*******************************\n" port)
>           )
>           (spice-sdb:write-bottom-footer ".end" port)
>       )

I have looked closer into the sources and into the "RF_Amp" example circuit.

If a "spice-subcircuit-LL" component is added to the schematic the
netlister will wrap it up with a .subckt/.ends cards. That's pretty
close to the behaviour I wanted. There are some issues, though:
1. It forces me to add a simulation card to the schematic. In general
cases that something I'd like to avoid (it is OK for testbench
schematics, though).
2. All nested models or ".include" cards (if "-I" option was used) are
added inside the .subckt. That may cause problems with spice
simulators that do not like such nested constructs.
3. There are special "spice-subcircuit-IO" components used for making
subcircuit pins. Does it mean the netlister cannot cope with "normal"
instance pins?

-r.