Re: gEDA-user: Spice netlister

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 12:12 +0000, a r wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to setup gnetlist (gnetlist -g spice-sdb) so that it
> won't add ".END" at the end of the spice netlist?
>
> In my flow, I usually prepare a testbench file manually and from here
> I include a (clean, without simulation commands) netlist. However,
> that ".END" makes this flow awkward. Sure, I can do it the other way
> around or postprocess the netlist but it's an additional hassle.

Edit the netlist backend (or make a copy and edit that). Look in

$(PREFIX)/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-spice-sdb.scm

$(PREFIX) might be your home dir/geda, /usr /usr/local, for example.

If you make a copy, call it gnet-spice-SOMETHING.scm. I'm not entirely
sure what it changes, but there is a hack in gnetlist which changes its
behaviour slightly for netlist backends beginning with "spice".

Find this code, which is around line 1878, and comment out the line
outputting the ".end". I presume the ".ends" code is still useful.:

;;
;;  Now write out .END(S) of netlist, depending upon whether this schematic is a
;;  "normal schematic" or a .SUBCKT.
;;
      (if (not (string=? schematic-type "normal schematic"))
          (begin
	    (spice-sdb:write-bottom-footer (string-append ".ends " model-name) port)
	    (display "*******************************\n" port)
	  )
          (spice-sdb:write-bottom-footer ".end" port)
      )

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,