Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 23:45 +0530, Ravi chandra wrote:
> hi all,
>            please do accept my new year wishes. Based on my gEDA seul
>    webiste..what i can understand is that..there is no gEDA for
>    windows-xp. its only for linux or unix not windows. can somebody
>    correct whether i am right or wrong..
>    if there is any gEDA software for windows ..please do point it to the
>    site

There is no offical windows version, and gEDA isn't particularly tested
under Windows.

PCB and gerbv are available as Windows downloads from their respective
sourceforge pages:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcb
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbv

gEDA _can_ be built for Windows (if you're familiar with mingw and/or
cross compiling), but hasn't received any extensive testing.

Currently, to use gEDA on Windows the best approach might be to build
the suite from source-code under Cygwin.

http://www.cygwin.com/

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton