From: r <nbs.public@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 6:07 pm
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Is gnetman available for download anywhere?

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 09:10 -0800, steve meier wrote:
>> You can also use a text editor to set the pin type in the symbol
file.

> I'll try to get this fixed for the next development snapshot. I've got
> some code which fixes up the drawing of bus type pins to make them,
and
> their cues fatter.
>
> There is also the updated logic to allow gschem to recognise the
> connection between a bus pin and a bus, disallowing net->bus pin
> connections etc..

Just an idea. Perhaps a simpler solution would be not to use a
separate bus connection type and instead differentiate nets/buses by
their names only. That's how it's implemented in Virtuoso, BTW. This
keeps the number of schematic primitives low (no buses, bus taps, bus
pins etc) and still is fairly robust.

Regards,
-r.