Re: gEDA-user: Is gnetman available for download anywhere?

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 22:17 -0500, Paul Tan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Virtuoso implemented that which ease them in
> dealing with parameterized BUSS net/pin, easier to
> deal with situation interfacing to many backend
> tools, some of which even need varialbe pin such as
> BUSA[0:N] (n=0) which connects to a single wire net.
>
> The current gnetlist already allows all sort of
> flexibilities to deal with similar situations.
> My hope is that this flexibility should not
> be reduced or restricted without Ales approval
> and other developers concensus.

Paul,

gschem supports a bus primitive already, has done for ages, but it is
graphical only. Steve was asking for a way to hook those up to a pin
with pin_type == PIN_TYPE_BUS (which gEDA already supported, just did
nothing with).

This is what I've implemented.. an ability to set that type code, to
render pins of that type as appropriate and some logic to check what
objects should be depicted as connected. This doesn't break, or
otherwise affect the verilog backend. In the future it may be possible
to use gschem's buses and bus pins more explicitly for that though.

I share your great respect for Ales and the other developers, but I'm
getting fed up with you resisting change for no good reason, and your
continual suggestions that every decision taken by the developers should
go through an approval process.

If you have any technical comments, lets take them on geda-dev. That is
not an invitation to nit-pick every design decision made by me or any
other of the gEDA developers.

Might I suggest that checking out git HEAD and giving it a try should
alleviate any fears.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton