Re: gEDA-user: Is gnetman available for download anywhere?

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 02:07 +0000, r wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 09:10 -0800, steve meier wrote:
> >> You can also use a text editor to set the pin type in the symbol file.
> >
> > I'll try to get this fixed for the next development snapshot. I've got
> > some code which fixes up the drawing of bus type pins to make them, and
> > their cues fatter.
> >
> > There is also the updated logic to allow gschem to recognise the
> > connection between a bus pin and a bus, disallowing net->bus pin
> > connections etc..
>
> Just an idea. Perhaps a simpler solution would be not to use a
> separate bus connection type and instead differentiate nets/buses by
> their names only. That's how it's implemented in Virtuoso, BTW. This
> keeps the number of schematic primitives low (no buses, bus taps, bus
> pins etc) and still is fairly robust.

gschem's "bus pin" is actually just implemented as a type flag on the
standard primitive pin. This is used to define connectivity
compatibility in a very course way. The bus graphic object is different
to a net, although pins prove that this needn't have been the case.

gschem doesn't currently care what you do with attributes / names, so
there are all sorts of possibilities once you get into the netlister.
That point I'll happily concede to Paul.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,