Re: gEDA-user: Solaris build problems, 'elp?

On Jan 4, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>> It looks like you are missing the pkg.m4 file.  This is a file
>> full of
>> m4 macros which are expanded by aclocal (one of the autotools) while
>> creating "configure".  On my system it is in
>>
>> /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4
>
>    Crap, I have no such file.  How in blazes do I not have that file??
>
>    Oh.  The instance of pkg-config on that machine is the ancient one
> distributed with Solaris.  I HATE HATE HATE when commercial OSs
> bundle free software, because it's always ancient.
>
>    I've just built a new pkg-config, and now I have pkg.m4 along with
> my other m4 files.  Thanks for the pointer.  I'm starting a fresh gaf
> compile now.

   That got me past that problem, thanks!

   Now, of course:

checking for GTK... no
configure: error: Cannot find gtk+ 2.8.0 or later, please install it
and rerun ./configure.
make: *** [gschem/config.h] Error 1

   THAT'S gonna be a nasty can of worms to get built. :-(

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL