Re: gEDA-user: symbol databases, was Re: Wish list, sort of

On Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2009 18:44:04 Werner Hoch wrote:
> > I've added a per project symbol library to the todo list of gEDA
> > 1.8: http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:todos#stable1
>
> I can probably put together a Guile script which will implement this,
> using the current framework.

That would be cool.

But we should carefully think about everything that has to do with this
topic.
* library reload (update the schematic with parts from the global lib)
* symbol name collisions
* checksums for the local symbols?
* ...

Regards