Re: gEDA-user: EDIF standard?

   Árpád,

   What are you trying to accomplish? I assume you wish to parse in some
   EDIF and then modify it in some way.

   I am part of a research team that has developed some tools to parse
   and manipulate EDIF:

     * [1]http://reliability.ee.byu.edu/edif/
     * [2]http://sourceforge.net/projects/byuediftools/

   The tools focus on techniques to improve the reliability of designs
   which are implemented in FPGA circuits.  However, the API and library
   we have built in Java may be of use to you.  I looked at Steven
   Rubin's book and the website for his company.  His product is much
   more polished that ours.  Because we are involved in research, the
   project is perpetually in development.
   That said, we have spent years developing these tools, and the core
   EDIF API is very stable.  Of course, the source code is freely
   available.

   James Carroll
   Research Assistant
   Configurable Computing Lab