Re: gEDA-user: New user to PCB - what does this error mean?

A number of us here in the USA have boards made in Europe or China, so
shipping can't be *that* much.  Try www.pcb-pool.com or www.olimex.com
for starters.

As for home-fab, some of us (especially me) do that to; I've done up
to four layer boards with 6/6 rules at home (no plated vias though).
There are a few features in PCB specifically designed for our needs,
like the drill helper, printer calibration, and "ps bloat".  Even the
PNG output has been tweaked to be as accurate as possible for making
photo masks.