Re: gEDA-user: New user to PCB - what does this error mean?

> I believe that you are the First person ever that has made the
> decision to have only one copper layer in your stackup.

And this is the problem.  Even if you only have one copper layer on
your board, pcb requires at least two - your design has one layer, and
it's tagged both "top" *and* "bottom".  Create the layer for the other
side and just ignore it.

> What might be causing a issue for understanding, is the pcb has no
> clue about the physical stackup,

Aside from knowing which copper layers are top and bottom, so it can
do pad clearances.